Boston Sea Rovers Summer Internship
Summer 2013 Underway!
2014 application dates will be announced in June.
The Boston Sea Rovers Internship is a program available to qualified graduating high school seniors, college freshman and sophomores interested in pursuing underwater careers.
Immediately following graduation or the spring semester, the scholar will intern with members of the Boston Sea Rovers and associates located throughout the United States to experience a wide variety of jobs and career choices. Based in part on the personal interests of the scholar, the Internship will provide advanced dive training courses and ample opportunities to dive and train with a variety of dive professionals in abroad cross section of diving environments. Opportunities will include hands-on work with professional under water photographers and filmmakers, educational specialists, marine engineers and scientists, equipment manufacturer’s representatives, and dive shop owners.
In addition to the unique time spent with some of our most distinguished members, the Boston Sea Rovers Intern will be outfitted with dive equipment (provided by Sea Rover Clinic corporate sponsors) for their use throughout the summer and will receive the necessary financial support to ensure travel and living expenses.
To be considered for the Scalli Internship candidates must:
- Be a certified diver from New England
- Have earned a minimum GPA of 3.4 out of 4.0 (or equivalent) and be on track to graduate from high school by June of the Internship year or attending college at the time of application
- Maximum age of 19 at the time of the application deadline. Interns must be at least 18 years old by the beginning of their Internship
- Submit a complete scholarship application package that includes an essay on why the candidate wants to pursue a career in the underwater world and how this scholarship can help them achieve that goal.
- Electronic submission of supporting documents is preferred.
- A copy of your most recent physical (within the last year) and the completed medical questionnaire/health history is the minimum requirement for the application package. Full compliance with the complete Sea Rovers’ medical requirements may be deferred until after initial selection as the Intern. Medical information is reviewed in compliance with current privacy laws.
Required documents: (Follow the links to each form to download the files)
Want to know more about being a Intern? Check out our Interns’ Web Logs.