Career Opportunities in the Marine Sciences
The Career Opportunities in the Marine Sciences (COMS) Symposium is sponsored by the Boston Sea Rovers.
The COMS Symposium will be held Friday, March 8, 2013, 9am-12:30pm
Location: The Boston Public Library: Rabb Room, Copley Square, Boston
The 2013 Ocean Sciences Symposium offers a series of dynamic presentations about the world’s oceans as well as discussion of Career Opportunities in the Marine Sciences including Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM topics). It is free to area students and teachers with confirmed reservations.
Our 2013 program features the following presentations:
- Global Climate Change and the World’s Oceans
- The biology and ecology of Great White Sharks in New England
- Engineering a new Giant Ocean Tank and opportunities at the New England Aquarium
- Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus and science underwater
- The art, craft and science of Underwater Photography
- Ocean Science with the Boston Sea Rovers
Reservations are required by February 28 as space is limited.
If interested send a request telling why you wish to attend to:
George Buckley at email@example.com
Include the following:
- The school you represent
- Your contact information
- Which teachers are attending (Please note: We do require one adult chaperone per 25 students)
- The number of seats requested for students.
- Please confirm both field trip approval and transportation approvals with your Administration.
Advance registration is required! Teachers may apply to bring up to 50 students and one chaperone per 25 students. Upon acceptance, admission is free to school groups and their teachers.